Friday, September 12, 2014

Friend of Friends Friday: Will: George Huber (1826)

GEORGE HUBER Will
Prince William County Will Book  M, pg 392
21 Mar 1826; proved 01 May 1826

I GEORGE F. HUBER of the Town of Dumfries County of Prince William and State of Virginia do make and constitute this my last will and testament hereby revoking all other wills by me made previous to this date.  Item, 1st it is my will that all debts by me owing should be first paid.  Item 2nd I will and bequeath to my wife VERLINDA HUBER all the real or landed property with its appurtenances (with the exceptions hereinafter mentioned) to which I have a title or interest during her natural life.  Item the third I give and bequeath to my nephew JOHN STANGLE and his heirs forever the house and lott in which he now lives known by the name of the Bake house lott.  Item 4th the land which I have by Item the second disposed of to my wife during her life it is my will that after her death it shall belong every part and parcel thereof to my nephew JOHN STANGLE and his heirs forever.  Item fifth I bequeath my gold watch to my wife VERLINDA during her life and after her death to ANN ELIZA STANGLE forever.  Item sixth I will and bequeath to my wife VERLINDA HUBER all my slaves during her life, and after her death I will to ANN ELIZA STANGLE negro girl Eliza and her increase, if any forever.  Item 7th after the death of my wife I will the slaves and their increase heretofore bequeathed to my wife to JOHN STANGLE forever.  Item the 8th I will that all the rest of my personal property not herein before specifically bequeathed be sold and the proceeds thereof applied to the payment of my debts.  And if there should be a balance remaining after my debts are paid I bequeath it to my wife.  Item the ninth I leave my tanyard and everything belonging thereto to my Executors hereinafter named to be by them or such of them as may qualify sold and the proceeds of the sale to be applied to the payment of my debts.  It is my will that the proceeds of the sale of my tan yard be first applied to the payment of my debts, and that the proceeds of the sale of my perishable property bequeathed to be sold be not applied in that way unless the money arising from the sale of the tanyard should be inadequate to the discharge of my debts.  Lastly I constitute and appoint Barnaby Cannon and James B. E. Thornton executors to this my last will and testament.  In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this the twenty first day of March one thousand eight hundred and twenty six.  I also appoint Wm. R. Chapman one of my executors.

GEORGE F. HUBER

Signed sealed and acknowledged in the presence of
JOHN MERCHANT, WM. E. WILLIAMS, ROBERT ALEXANDER, DAVIS DUTY


At a Court held for Prince William County the 1st day of May 1826.  This last will and testament of George F. Huber decd. was presented to the Court and being proved by the oaths of John Merchant, Wm. E. Williams, & Davis Duty, witnesses thereto, is ordered to be recorded.

No comments:

Post a Comment