Friday, August 15, 2014

Friend of Friends Friday: Will: Hannah Carter (1821)

HANNAH CARTER Will
Prince William County Will Book L, pg 381
12 Sep 1809; proved 08 Aug 1821

In the name of God Amen I HANNAH CARTER of the County of Prince William and Parish of Dettingen in the Commonwealth of Virginia being weak in body but of sound mind and judgment, do make ordain and declare this  to be my last will and testament, revoking all others made heretofore by me.  Imprimis.  I recommend my soul to God who gave it, my worldly estate I dispose of in the manner hereinafter expressed.  Item I leave my negro woman EALSY free & to be at her own disposal after my decease.  In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this twelvth day of September One thousand eight hundred and nine.

HANNAH CARTER   {seal}

Signed sealed and executed in the presence of
HARRISON GOLDDEN
WALTER G. HAYES
JAMES HAYES

At a Court of Quarterly Sessions Contd and held for Prince William County August 8th 1821.  This last will and testament of HANNAH CARTER decd. was presented to the Court and the same being proved by the oaths of HARRISON G. GOLDEN and WALTER G. HAYES is ordered to be recorded.


Teste, PHIL. D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment