June 7, 1873
EPISCOPAL CHURCH AT MANASSAS
At a meeting of the vestry of the Episcopal congregation at Manassas, one day this week, Rev. John McGill announced that the meeting was called for the purpose of taking steps for the erection of a church at Manassas, and the Treasurer submitted a statement of the funds on hand for that purpose, as follows: $410.75, and $57.56 as due from former Treasurer, making a total of $468.31. On motion, Messrs. B. D. Merchant and John C. Weems, were appointed a committee of arrangements, for the commencement and completion of the church, in which they are requested to ask the aid and co-operation of all well wishers to that end. A plan of the building was presented and adopted; the name to be Trinity Church.