Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Will: John Brewer (1824)

JOHN BREWER Will
Prince William County Will Book  M, pg 140
27 Jan 1805; proved 01 Mar 1824

In the name of God Amen I JOHN V. BREWER of the County of Prince William being sick and weak in body but of sound mind and disposing memory for which I thank God and calling to mind the uncertainty of human life and being desirous to dispose of such worldly estate as it hath pleased god to bless me with I give and bequeath the same in manner following Viz.  First I resign my soul to Almighty God who gave it me hoping that through the merits of Christ my blessed Redeemer to attain to everlasting joy and felicity and my body to the earth to be buried by my Executors hereafter mentioned in a decent manner.  Secondly I desire that all my just debts and funeral expenses be first paid and then it is my will and desire and I give the whole of the residue of my estate of all kind whatsoever and all monies that may be due me to my loving wife NANCY BREWER during her natural life or widowhood and after her death or intermarriage to be equally divided between my son HAMPTON BREWER and a child unborn and I give the whole of the abovementioned estate to them and their heirs lawfully begotten forever; but in case that either my sons HAMPTON BREWER or the abovementioned child that is not yet born shall die without such an heir then and in that case it is my will and desire that the survivor of them shall inherit the whole of my estate and I give the same to him or her and him or her heirs lawfully begotten of them forever.  Lastly I do hereby constitute and appoint my loving wife NANCY BREWER my Exox. and THOMAS BREWER Executor to this my last will and testament hereby revoking all other or former wills or testaments by me heretofore made.  In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this 27th of January 1805.

JOHN V. BREWER

Signed sealed published and declared as and for the last will and testament of the above named John V. Brewer in presence of us,
WM. CUNDIFF, THOS. BLACKWIL, THOMAS BREWER JUN.

At a Court of Quarterly Sessions held for Prince William County March the 1st 1824.

This last will and testament of JOHN V. BREWER decd. was presented to the Court and proved by the oath of Thomas B. Sinclair and the hand writings of William Cundiff and Thomas Brewer Sr. was proved by the oaths of Wm. P. Cundiff and Thomas Brewer and the said will was thereupon admitted to record and Nancy Brewer the Executrix therein named came into court and made oath to the said will recording to law and she having performed what is usual in such cases certificate is granted her for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.


Teste, P. D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment