Monday, December 16, 2013

Will: Benson Lynn (1859)

BENSON LYNN Will
Prince William Co. Will Book R, Page 138
Will date 17 April 1858; Probate date 3 January 1859

I BENSON LYNN being weak of body but of sound mind do will and desire this my last will and testament shall be fully carried out after my death, I desire first all my just debts to be paid 2d. I leave my dwelling house and other houses and all the land on the south side of the Occoquan road and the east of the road heading to Lawrence Cole’s to my daughters MARY F. NORMAN, MAHALLA M. LYNN and LUWELLEN S. LYNN during their single lives but should either or all marry then their interest to be equally divided between SEYMOUR LYNN, GEORGE F. CARNEY, LELAND A. LYNN, JAMES E. LYNN and ALEXANDER P. LYNN together with the rest of my estate to the above named legatees. I leave LEVI C. LYNN, LAFAYETTE LYNN, ELIZABETH PRIDMORE and the heirs of LEROY W. LYNN each one, one dollar $1 and lastly I appoint ALEXANDER P. LYNN my executor hereby revoking all other wills. Given under my hand and seal of April 17th 1858.

BENSON LYNN {seal}

Signed in the presence of us,
WILLIAM LYNN
LEROY M. LYNN

At a court held for Prince William County in the 3th day of January 1859.

This last will and testament of BENSON LYNN dec’d. was proved by the oaths of LEROY W. LYNN and WILLIAIM LYNN witnesses thereto and is ordered to be recorded. And on the motion of ALEXANDER P. LYNN the executor therein named who made oath thereto, and together with SEYMOUR LYNN and GEORGE F. CARNEY their securities who justified as to their sufficiency entered unto and acknowledged this bond in the penalty of $4000.00 conditioned as the law directs certificate is granted them for obtaining a probate of the said will in due form.


Teste M. B. Sinclair, clerk

Copy of Benson Lynn's Will from 1880 Chancery Case

No comments:

Post a Comment