Friday, November 15, 2013

Will: Abraham Farrow (1743)

ABRAHAM FARROW Will
Prince William County Will Book C, pg. 443
18 March 1741; Proved 27 February 1743

IN THE NAME OF GOD AMEN, I, ABRAM FARROW of the parish of Hamilton and County of Prince William planter being weak and infirm of body, but of sound memory and judgment thanks be to god do make appoint constitute and ordain this my Last will and Testament hereby revoaking anulling and declaring void all other wills or Testaments whatsoever by me heretofore made,

Imprimis I bequeath my precious and immortal soul into the hands of Almighty god my creator my body I leave to the ground to be decently interr’d according to the discretion of my Executors hereafter mentioned hoping for a blessed Resurrection, through Jesus Christ, and as to what worldly goods and estate it hath pleased god to bless me with I will that they be disposed in manner following.  Item I bequaith my Negro named BOATSWIN unto my son, ISAC. FARROW and the heirs of his body, Item, I bequeath Negro SUSAN unto my beloved wife SIBELL FARROW.  Item I bequaith negro SYLVESTER unto my Daughter LIDIA and the heirs of her body forever.  Item I bequaith Negro’s TOM & PHILLIP unto my son ABRAM and the heirs of his body for ever, Item I bequaith Negro GOEN unto my son JOHN and the heirs of his body for ever.  Item I bequaith Negro JUDY unto my daughter ELIZABETH and the heirs of her body for ever.  Item my will is that all my moveable estate be apris’d and after my Debts are paid that the remainder be equally devided between my daughter’s, SIBELL and MARGARET FARROW’s.  Lastly, I appoint my wife SIBELL FARROW and my brother WILLIAM FARROW my whole and only Executors of this my Last will and Testament Sealed with my seal and dated this eighteenth day of March Anna Domini 1741.

ABRA’M FARROW  {seal}

Sign’d Sealed declared and published in presence of

JOHN GRAHAM
THOS. WHITLEDGE
DANIEL M. CLAYLAND

At a Court held for the County of Prince William the 27th day of February 1743

This will was presented in Court by SIBELL FARROW one of the Executors named in the said Will and proved by the oaths of JOHN GRARHAM gen, and THOMS WHITLIDGE two of the Witnesses thereto (who also made oath that they saw DANIEL M. CLAYLAND the other witness subscribe the same) it was admitted to record, WILLIAM FARROW one of the Executors therein named refusing the burthen thereof on the motion of the said SIBELL and her performing what is usual in such cases Certificate is granted her for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.

Test 

P WAGONOR   Ct. Cur.

No comments:

Post a Comment