Saturday, March 26, 2011

Will: William Copin, Sr. (1805)


WILLIAM COPIN, SR. WILL
Prince William Co. Will Book I, Page 42

IN THE NAME of God AMEN I William Copin Senior of the County of Prince William and Parish of Detingen being of sound mind and memory at this time thanks be to god Almighty God for the same but calling to mind the uncertainty of human life do make and ordain this my last will and Testament in manner and form as followeth. And first I most humbly recommend my soul to Almighty God who gave it to me hoping for a Resurection to eternal life through the atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ which he has made for sinners and I would have my body committed to the earth from whence it came to be decently buried at the discretion of my Executors hereafter named. Item having given in my life time to my son William Copin in house hold goods to the value of Eight pounds Eleven shillings and and to my Daughter Sally Lynn fourteen pounds, to my son George Copin Eight pounds seven shillings to my son Zacheus Copin Eleven pounds fifteen shillings it is my will that all I have in my possession at the time of my decease both real and personal I give and bequeath to loving wife Elizabeth Copein during her life after my debts are paid and after her decease what she leaves to be divided so as to make William and George and Zacheus' part equal with Sally's and after that to divide what remains equally between William, Sally, George and Zacheus or to their heirs, and I appoint my loving wife Elizabeth Copein and my son Zacheus Copin Executors of this my last will and Testament. In witness whereof I have set my hand and affixed my seal this Eighteenth Day of February in the year of our Lord One Thousand Seven Hundred and Ninety Three.

William Copen Senior [seal]

Signed Sealed and declared to be his last will by
the Testator in presence of us and in his presence attested by
Early Wells
Josius Stoner, Benjamin Stoner

At a Court Continued and held for Prince William County February the 5th 1805.

This Last Will and Testament of William Copin Deceased was presented to the Court by George Copin, and it appearing that the Witnesses reside in the state of Kentucky and it further appearing by Testimony and a Comparison of handwriting that the said Will is in the hand writing of the said William Copin dec'd It is therefore ordered to be recorded.

Teste, J.Williams



No comments:

Post a Comment