Tuesday, July 9, 2019

NARA: Passport Application: James M. Keys (1921)

National Archives & Record Administration
Passport Application
12 February 1921

State of Florida
County of Monroe

I, James M. Keys, a native and loyal citizen of the United States, hereby apply to the Department of State, at Washington, for a passport.

I solemnly swear that I was born at Tuscombia, in the State of Alabama, on or about 18th day of June 1891, that my father James A. Keys, was born in Dumfries, Va., and is now deceased ...

...that I am domiciled in the United States, my permanent residence being at Tuscombia, in the State of Alabama, where I follow the occupation of Engineer, Loc.

...I am about to go abroad temporarily; and I intend to return to the United States within one year with the purpose of residing and performing the duties of citizenship therein; and I desire a passport for use in visiting the countries hereinafter named for the following purpose:  Cuba - Employment

I intend to leave the United States from the port of Key West, Fla. sailing aboard the P&O.SS.Line as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment