Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Will: Margret Fairfax (1853)

Will of Margret Fairfax
PWCo Will Book R, pg. 3

I Margret Fairfax of the county of Prince William and State of Virginia, do make this my last will and testament in manner and form as follows, I desire that all my just debts & funeral expenses be paid out of my perishable property.

I give to my daughter Susan Simpson all that tract or parcel of land on which I now reside formerly the land belonging to Hezekiah Fairfax dec’d, and all my household and kitchen furniture, during her life, and at her death, there to her heirs forever. Given under my hand this 5th day of February 1853.

Margret Fairfax

Teste,
Geo. Weedon
Matthew Priest
Matthew Davis

At a Quarterly court held for Prince William county November the 6th 1866
    This last will and testament of Margaret Fairfax deceased was proved in open court by the oath of George Weedon and Matthew Priest two of the subscribing witnesses thereto and ordered to be recorded.

Teste,

M. B. Sinclair clerk


No comments:

Post a Comment