Monday, May 16, 2016

Amanuensis Monday: Will: Louisa Tyler (1856)

Louisa Tyler Will
Prince William County Will Book Q, pg. 354

I Louisa Tyler of the County of Prince William State of Va do make this my last Will and Testament.

I give and devise to Sister Sally Tyler all the estate of any description I may own at my death for and during her natural life, and at her death give the same to my Brother John W. Tyler.  In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this ___ day of January 1853.

__________________ {seal}

In Prince William County Court July 7 1856

   This  last will and testament of Louisa Tyler deceased was presented at the Court and there being no subscribing witnesses thereto Douglas Tyler and Charles E. Tyler were sworn and severally deposed that they are acquainted with the testators hand writing, to be wholly written by her own hand, whereupon the said writing is ordered to be recorded as the true last will and testament of the said Louisa Tyler deceased.  And on the motion of John W. Tyler, who made oath and together with Eppa Hunton his security who justified as his sufficiency entered into and acknowledged a bond in the penalty of $2000.00 conditioned as the law dictates, certificate is granted the said John W. Tyler for obtaining a probat[e] of administration on the said decedents Estate, with her will aforesaid annexed in due form.


Teste, P. D. Lipscomb clk


No comments:

Post a Comment