Saturday, March 12, 2016

Deed: Cross etc. to Townsend (1911)

Deed
Cross etc. to Townsend
PWCo Deed Book 53, pg. 347

The undersigned being next of kin to R. A. Townsend of Prince William County Va., who recently departed this life intestate, being credibly informed by disinterested neighbors and friends that it was his purpose to devise his estate to his wife, and that he had even gone so far as to have a will drawn to that effect, and that he had not executed the same because another measure was in contemplation which if executed might accomplish a like purpose, and at the same time free him from care and labors during the remainder of his lifetime. For these reasons and also because of the faithful and wifely ministrations of his widow through his protracted suffering as a wounded Confederate Veteran, it is our purpose in the execution of this paper to release to her the said Julia A. Townsend widow of the said R. A. Townsend dec’d. any and all interest that we may have in his belongings of every nature and kind whatsoever, to have and to hold for her sole use and benefit and to this end we jointly and severally pledge ourselves our heirs and &c. as is evidenced by the signatures and seals affixed this ____ day of ____ 1901.

A. J. Cross
Willie Cross
Charles U. Townsend
Mamie Mitchell
Harrison Sanders
Albert Sanders
Catherine F. Harrison
George H. Townsend
Carrie E. Townsend
Nelie Townsend
Ida Frances Townsend
J. S. Pearson
C. V. Pearson
Henderson Sanders
W. H. Sanders
A. S. Harrison
Nannie B. Townsend
A. P. Townsend
Frances M. Townsend
John T. Townsend
Arthur M. Sanders
Lewis H. Sanders
D. N. Sanders
May S. Marin
E. W. Cross
Laura A. Cross
Nelie Cross
J. B. Cross
Cora L. Cross


State of Virginia, County of Fairfax to wit:

I, A. W. Robinson, a Justice of the Peace for and in the County of Fairfax in the State of Virginia do certify that A. J. Cross, Wilie May Cross, J. B. Cross, Cora L. Cross and Nelie Cross whose names are signed to the foregoing writing bearing date April 1901 have acknowledged the same before me in my County aforesaid.
Given under my hand this Nov. 19, 1904.
A. W. Robinson J.P.


State of Virginia, County of Fairfax, to-wit:

I, D. B. Garett, a justice in and for the County of Fairfax do certify that Charles U. Townsend, E. W. Cross and Laura A. Cross whose names are signed to the writing above bearing date April 1901 have acknowledged the same before me in my County aforesaid.
Given under my hand this 19 day of Nov. 1904
D. B. Garett J.P.


State of Virginia, County of Fairfax, to-wit:

I, Geo. L. Howard, a Notary Public in and for said County hereby certify that A. S. Harrison relative of said R. A. Townsend deceased appeared before me and signed the same relinquishing all claims to said property as indicated by the within writing and requesting all the future signers to do the same.
                Given under my hand and signature this 19th day of January 1903.
Geo. L. Howard N.P.


State of Oregon, County of Multnomah, ss.

Be it remembered, that on this 27th day of January A.D. 1903 before me the undersigned, a Notary Public in end for the said County and State, personally appeared the within named Nannie B. Townsend, unmarried who is known to me to be one of the identical individuals described in and who executed the within instrument acknowledged to me that she executed the same freely and voluntarily.
In Testimony whereof, I have hereunto set me hand and notarial seal the day and year, last above written.

C. G. Willis N.P. for Oregon


State of Oregon, County of Multonomah, ss.

This certifies, that on the 29th day of January A. D. 1903, before me, the undersigned, a Notary Public in and for said County and State, personally appeared the within named A. B. Townsend and Frances M. Townsend his wife who are known to me to be the identical person described in who executed the within instrument, and acknowledged to me that they executed the same for the uses and purposes therein mentioned and Francis M. Townsend wife of the said A. B. Townsend on an examination made by me, separate and apart from her said husband then and there acknowledged to me that she executed the same freely and voluntarily, and without fear, coercion or compulsion from anyone.
In Testimony Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and Notarial Seal the day and year last above written.

Joseph M. Healy N.P. for Oregon


State of New Jersey, County of Hunterdon, SS.

Be it remembered that on this 7th day of Sept. A. D. 1903, before me the undersigned a Notary Public in and for said County and State, personally appeared the within named Arthur M. Sanders, Lewis H. Sanders, D. N. Sanders and May S. Martin who are known to me to be the identical individuals described in and who signed the within instrument and acknowledged to mem that they executed the same freely and voluntarily.
                In Testimony Whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal the day and year shown written.

Whitfield H. Sydnor N.P.


In Clerk’s Office Circuit Court of Prince William County, January 11th 1905.

This Deed from Cross &c. to Townsend was received with certificate annexed and admitted to record.

Teste: J. Nelson cl
  

[Margin note – “Examined and sent to Mrs. Julia A. Townsend on Aug 15th 1911 by Chas. W. Ellis, Jno. A. Nicol, clerk”]

No comments:

Post a Comment