Monday, September 28, 2015

Will: Thomas Simson (1735)

THOMAS SIMSON Will
Prince William county Will Book C, pg. 16
13 Oct 1734; proved 19 Feb 1735

In the name of God Amen the thirteenth Day of October in the year of our Lord 1734 I THOMAS SIMSON of Prince William County Carpenter being very sick and week of body but perfect in mind and memory thanks be to Almighty God for it and calling to mind the mortality of my body and knowing that it is apointed for all men once to die I due make and ordain this my last Will and Testament, that is to say Principally and first of all I give and recommend my soul into the hands of Allmighty God that gave it and for my body I recommend to the Earth to be buried in a Christian like and deacent manner at the discretion of my Executor nothing doubting but at the General resurrection I shall receive the same again by the mighty Power of God as touching such manly Estate where with it hath pleased God to bless me with in this life I give desire and dispose of the same in the following manner and form.

Item I give and bequeath unto my oldest son WILLIAM SIMSON one hundred and twenty three acres of land wherein he is now living on both sides of Sande run.

Item I give and bequeath unto my son BAXTER SIMSON two hundred acres of land lying on both sides of Sande run and ajoining to the other land aforesaid of my son WILLIAM SIMSON on the uper side one breeding mare my bullit gun and its holster one rug and two blankets one iron pot six plates and six spoons.

Item I give and bequeth to my son THOMAS SIMSON three hundred and eighty six acres of land lying on the south side of Chapawamsik Creek likewise one breeding mare one feather bed boulster rug and two blankets one iron pot six plates and six spoons.

Item I give and bequeath unto my loving daghter MARY WOODARD one hundred acres of land where she is now seated and lying on the north side of Sande run to her and the heirs of her body for ever.

Item I give and bequeth unto my daghter ANN SIMSON after her Mother in Laws deceas one cow and calf one feather bed boulster rug and two blankets.

Item I give and bequeth unto my beloved grand children the son and daghter of MARY WOODARD, THOMAS and ANN WOODARD one yow a piece.

Item I give and bequeath unto my ever loving wife JANE SIMSON my Plantation and liberty of one hundred acres of land where I now live her life and after her deceas to fall to my son BATER.  I also give her the priviledg of the whole track for timber for the use of the Plantation.  I also leave my wife all my moveable estate except the legacies herein before mentioned and leave my wife whole and sole Executor of this my last Will and Testament and further I have my three children BAXTER SIMSON and THOMS SIMSON to be brought up till they come to the age of eighteen years and likewise my daghter ANN till she come of age by my wife JANE SIMSON.  I further leave my daghter ANN to MARY STODDARD in case her mother dies before she comes of age.  I further give unto my wife two negros during her life and after her decease for to be equally divided among my children and I do hereby utterly disallow, revoke and disanol all and every other former testaments wills and legacies bequests and executors by me in any ways before this time named willed and bequeathed ratifying and confirming this and no other to be my last will and testament in Witness Whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal the day and year above written and sealed and delivered in the presence of us.

THOMAS SIMSON {his mark}

I desire my movable estate may be invetored and returned and not apraised

THOS. FORD
JOHN ROBERTSON
MARY EVANS

At a Court held for Prince William county the Nineteenth Day of February 1734[5?]

This Will was presented into Court by JANE SIMSON Executrix therein named who made Oath thereto and being proved by the Oaths of Thomas Ford and John Robertson two of the Witnesses therein it is admitted to Record and on the motion of the said Jane and her performing what is usual in such cases certificate is granted her for obtaining a Probate thereof in due form.

Teste.


CATESBY COCKE  Ct. Cur.

No comments:

Post a Comment