Saturday, July 18, 2015

Will: John Lansdown (1812)

JOHN LANSDOWN Will
Prince William County Will Book K, pg. 132
31 Dec 1811; proved 06 Jan 1812

In the name of God Amen I JOHN LANSDOWN of the County of Prince William and State of Virginia being sick in body but of sound sense and memory do make and ordain this my last will and testament in manner and form following Viz, Item I give and bequeath to my wife ELIZABETH LANSDOWN one fourth of my estate real and personal for and during her natural life and at her decease to be equally divided between my three sons WILLIAM LANSDOWN, JOHN LANSDOWN and GEORGE LANSDOWN to them and their heirs forever.  Item I give and bequeath to my son WILLIAM LANSDOWN one fourth of my property real & personal to him and his heirs forever, and as I have heretofore given my said son WILLIAM fifty pounds eleven shillings in cash, that the said fifty pound eleven shillings be deducted out of his fourth part and added to the parts of my sons JOHN and GEORGE LANSDOWN.

Item I give to my son JOHN LANSDOWN one other fourth part of my estate real and personal to him and his heirs forever.  Item I give to my son GEORGE LANSDOWN the other fourth part of my property real and personal to him and his heirs forever.  Item Whereas I have given to my daughter ELIZABETH who intermarried with EDWARD DICKERSON thirty eight pounds ten shillings, and four Negroes.  I give unto the heirs of my said daughter ELIZABETH decd. one shilling sterling.  Lastly, I nominate and appoint my son JOHN LANDOWN Executor of this my last will and testament.  In Witness whereof I have hereunto affixed my hand and seal this thirty first day of December in the year of our Lord eighteen hundred and eleven.

JOHN LANSDOWN {seal}

Signed sealed and delivered in presence of

JOHN EDRINGTON
BENJ. JAMESON
DANIEL GRANT

At a Court held for Prince William County January 6th 1812.

This last will and testament of JOHN LANSDOWN decd. was presented to the Court by JOHN LANSDOWN the Executor therein named who made oath to the same according to law and the said will being proved by the oaths of JOHN EDRINGTON and DNAIEL GRANT is ordered to be recorded. And the said JOHN LANSDOWN having taken the oath of an Executor and performed what is usual in such cases certificate is granted him for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.

Teste, J. WILLIAMS


No comments:

Post a Comment