Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Will: John Athey (1866)

JOHN ATHEY Will
Prince William County Will Book R, Pg. 36
February 1866; proved 5 March 1866

I JOHN ATHEY being feeble in body but of sound and dispossessing memory do make this last will and testament, that is to say

I give and bequeath to my sister PALINA TURNER two hundred and fifty dollars ($250)

I give and bequeath to my sister JANE HAMMILL one hundred dollars (4100)

I give and bequeath to my niece HANNAH ANN WEST seventy five dollars ($75)

I give and bequeath to my niece ELIZABETH HAMMILL seventy five dollars ($75)

I give and bequeath to my niece SUSAN PENN two hundred and fifty dollars ($250)

I give and bequeath to my niece CATHARINE MCCARTY two hundred dollars ($200)

I give and bequeath to my nephew WILLIAM HAISLIP my gold watch

I give and bequeath to my nephew WILLIAM HAMMILL the gold watch I now use

I give and bequeath to HUGH HAMMILL all the remainder of my property of every description and kind, and do hereby appoint him my Executor. In testimony thereof I hereunto set my hand and seal this 9th day of February 1866

John [his mark] Athey {seal}

Signed and acknowledged in our presence

BASIL BRAWNER
MILTON A. ISH

In Prince William County Court March 5 1866

This last will and testament of John Athey deceased was presented to the court by Hugh Hammill the executor therein named, who made oath thereto according to law and being fully proved by the oaths of Basil Brawner and Milton A. Ish subscribing witnesses thereto is ordered to be recorded and the said Hugh Hammill having taken the oath of an executor, and entered into bond in the penalty of two thousand dollars with Basil Brawner and JOHN CL WEEDON who justified as to their sufficiency conditioned as the law directs letters testamentary of the personal estate of said deceased is granted to him in due form.

A copy of my teste

M. B. SINCLAIR, clerk


No comments:

Post a Comment