Monday, June 15, 2015

Will: John Woodyard, Sr. (1795)

JOHN WOODYARD Will
Prince William County Will Book H, pg. 154
4 Nov 1795; proved 7 Dec 1795

Prince William County and State of Virginia, the 4th day of November in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and ninety five I JOHN WOODYARD Sen. of the County and State aforesaid being very weak of body but of perfect mind memory and understanding thanks be to God for the same calling unto mind the mortality of my body and knowing it is appointed for all men once to die do give and recommend my body to be buried in Christian decent burial at the discretion of my Executors, and my Soul to God who gave it me nothing doubting but at the General resurrection I shall receive the same again by the mighty Power of God and as touching such worldly estate, wherewith it hath pleased God to bless me with in this life I give, devise and dispose of in the following manner and form Viz.

Imprimis I give and bequeath unto my twelve children hereafter named, Viz. JAMES WOODYARD, DAVID WOODYARD, BENEDICTER WOODYARD, JOHN WOODYARD, JANE SMITH, WALTER WOODYARD and my other six children by ANN THOMAS Viz. MARY, JEBEZ, WILLIAM, SUSANNAH, GOERGE and JESSE, all my Estate, consisting of horses, cattle, sheep and other stock, goods, and chattels, after all my just debts and funeral expenses are fully satisfied, the above goods, stock and money or outstanding debts of every kind to be collected and all equally divided, among my twelve children above named by my Executors to them and their heirs forever.

Item ANN THOMAS is to have her bed she brought, her side saddle, lume, and other articles in my possession she brought into my family as her sole right and property, also ANN THOMAS is to remain if she inclines to live there, on my lots leased of COL. THOMAS BLACKBURN, the lives to come in the said lease, being my own life, my son JAMES WOODYARD and JOHN WOODYARD, if she should incline to leave the said lott my son JAMES to have and hold the same until the time expires or his heirs and sell and dispose of the same as best suits them.

Lastly, I constitute and appoint JAMES WOODYARD my oldest son, and GEORGE STONE, sole Executors of this my last will and testament , revoking and disannulling all former wills, testaments, legacies and requests, in Witness whereof I, the date above, and in the presence of the subscribing evidences of affixed my hand and seal.

JOHN [his mark] WOODYARD  {seal}

Interlined before signed.

Signed, sealed and delivered in presents of

GEO. RAINIE
JANE BIRD
HENRY WOODYARD

At a Court held for Prince William County the 7th day of December 1795

This Last Will and Testament of JOHN WOODYARD decd. was presented to the Court by the Executors therein named, who made oath thereto, and the said Will being proved by the oaths of GEORGE RAINIE, JANE BIRD and HENRY WOODYARD was ordered to be recorded and the said Executors having performed what is usual in such cases, certificate is granted them for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.

Teste
JOHN WILLIAMS  Ct. Cur.

No comments:

Post a Comment