Monday, April 27, 2015

Will: William J. Newman (1824)

WILLIAM J. NEWMAN Will
Prince William County Will Book M, pg 190
18 Jul 1824; proved 06 Sep 1824

In the name of God Amen I WILLIAM J. NEWMAN being diseased of body but of sound mind do make this my last will and testament in manner following to wit. First I resign my soul to the almighty giver of it.  Secondly It is my desire after all my just debts are paid, that whatever property may be left, shall be kept together for the mutual support of my wife and son, which I bequeath to them in equal proportions but to remain in the possession of my wife MARY NEWMAN until her marriage or the arrival of my son to the age of twenty-one at either of which periods I desire it may be equally divided, Thirdly I bequeath to my wife & son all my land in Prince William County to be equally divided, whenever they may think proper not to remain together or upon her second marriage, but upon the death of either of them before marriage, it is my desire that the other should have the whole of the lands as will also the personal property being interested in a tract of land in the western County in equal proportion with my brothers and sisters, I bequeath my said proportion to my son.  Lastly I leave my wife MARY NEWMAN whole & sole executrix of this my last will and testament as witness my hand and seal this 18th day of June 1824.

WILLIAM J. NEWMAN

Witness
CHRISTOPHER C. CUSHING, THOMAS I. NEWMAN, THOMAS E. NEWMAN, MORTIMER J. NEWMAN

At a Court held for Prince William County September 6, 1824.  This last will and testament of WILLIAM J. NEWMAN decd. was presented to the Court and being proved by the oaths of CHRISTOPHER C. CUSHING and THOMAS J. NEWMAN, is admitted to record and MARY NEWMAN the Executrix therein named came into court and made oath to the same according to law, and having taken the oath of an Executrix and performed what is usual in such cases certificate is granted her for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.


Teste, PHILIP D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment