Monday, April 13, 2015

Will: Jacob Gibson (1735)

JACOB GIBSON Will
Prince William Co. Will Book C, pg. 35
Signed 2 Oct 1734; Proved 21 May 1735

In the name of God Amen the 2nd Day of October 1734 I JACOB GIBSON of the above County being of perfit memory thanks be to God at this time and calling to mind that it is apinted for all men once to dy I recommend my soull to God that gave it and my Bodee to the Earth to be buired after a desant like maner at the discration of my asitor.  Imprmus I give and bequeth to my sun JACOB GIBSON my gray hors that I had of MARGRIT RUSSEL.

It. I give and bequeth to my sun ABRAHAM GIBSON one young gray horse caled Darrick and my bridell & sadell.

It. I give & bequeth to my daughter MARY PARKER one young hefer.

It. I give & bequeth to my daughter SARAH LAMBARTH one yarling.

It. I give & bequeth to my daughter JANN TURNER one young mair.

It. I give & bequeth to my sun IASACK GIBSON one young cow.

It. I give & bequeth to my daughter ANN GIBSON one young cow.

It. I give & bequeth all the remainder part of my estate to my loving wife JANE GIBSON land and savings to be diposed after hur one discration and furder I do apint my wife to be my hole and sol asitor and I desire my estate should not be brout to apraisment but that it may be divided according to my will by some of the nighburs I witness my hand and seell this 2nd day of October 1734.

JACOB [x his mark] GIBSON  {seal}

LEO. BARBUR
GEORGE CALVARD JUNIOR

At a Court held for Prince William County the twenty first day of May 1735.

This will was poisented into Court by Jane Gibson wid. Executria therein named who made Oath thereto & being proved by the Oaths of the witnesses thereto subscribed it is admitted to Record and on the Motion of the said Jane and the performing what is usual in such cases Certificate is Granted her for obtaining a Probate thereof in due form.

Teste


CATESBY COCKE   Cl. Cur.

No comments:

Post a Comment