Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Will: Ann Evans (1809)

ANN EVANS Will
Prince William County Will Book I, pg. 441
21 May 1809; proved 7 Aug 1809

In the name of God Amen this 21st day of May 1809 I ANN EVANS of Prince William County & State of Virginia being very weak and sick of body but of perfect mind and memory thanks be given to God and calling unto mind the mortality of my body & knowing that it is apointed for me to die do make and ordain this my last will and testament, first recommending my soul to the Lord Jesus by whose merits alone I expect to be saved & my body to be returnd to its mother dust nothing doubting but I shall receive the same again by the almighty power of God, and as touching my worldly estate I give, devise and dispose of the same in the manner & form following Viz.

Item I give & bequeath unto my loving sister ELIZABETH SMITH a bond on MOORE HOFF for the sum of ten pound current money of the sad. State with the interest that may occur on the same.  Also a bond on JOHN SULLIVAN for the sum of twelve pounds with the interest occurring thereon and one trunk with the contents therein also my sidesaddle.

Item I give & bequeath unto my sisters daughter ELIZABETH SMITH a bond on my nephew WILLIAM SMITH for the sum of eighteen pounds with the interest occurring thereon, as one feather bed & furniture Viz.  I also constitute and apoint my sister ELISABETH SMITH Executrix of this my last testament utterly revoking, disalowing, disclaiming, & disanuling all and every other former wills confirming this only to be my last will & testament.  In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and fixed my seal the date above written.

ANN EVANS  {seal}

Signed sealed and acknowledged in presence of us

Teste

WILLIAM PEARSON
JAMES SMITH

At a Court held for Prince William County August 7th 1809.

This last will and testament of ANN EVANS dec. was presented in Court by ELIZABETH SMITH the Executrix therein named, who made oath by the same according to law and the same being proved by the oaths of WILLIAM PEARSON and JAMES SMITH is ordered to be recorded and the said ELIZABETH SMITH having taken the oath of an Executrix and performing what is usual in such cases certificate is granted her for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.

Teste


J.WILLIAMS  Ct. Cur.

No comments:

Post a Comment