Monday, March 30, 2015

Will: Nancy Johnson (1823)

NANCY JOHNSON Will
Prince William County Will Book M, pg 105
08 Oct 1823; proved 03 Nov 1823

In the name of God Amen I NANCY JOHNSON of the County of Prince William & State of Virginia, being sick & weak of body but of sound mind and memory thanks be unto God & calling to mind that it is appointed for all mankind once to die do make & ordain this as my last will & testament.  I.E.  I give and bequeath my soul into the hands of Almighty God who gave it hoping at the last general resurrection to receive the same again.  My body I give unto the dust to be buried in decent christian burial at the kind disposal of my friends.  The little goods which it has pleased providence in his mercies to bless my honest endeavors with I bequeath to my grand daughter JANE WEBSTER, daughter of JNO. WEBSTER & CHLOE my daughter his wife vi z one feather bed & bedding belonging thereto stead & three head of cattle & then increase four head of hogs & then increase with the remains of my household & kitchen furniture, farming utensils loom & gears & with all and singular my goods & chattles which I now or may in any wise belong to me at my decease the necessary burial & expenses excepted & I do hereby declare this to be my last will and testament revoking all others given under my hand & seal this eight day of October eighteen hundred and twenty three.

NANCY JOHNSON

Signed sealed & delivered in the presence of
WM. P. DUNNINGTON, MOLLY JOHNSON

At a Court of Quarterly Sessions held for Prince William County November 3d 1823.

This last will and testament of NANCY JOHNSON decd. was presented to the court and being proved by the oaths of the witnesses thereto is ordered to be recorded.


Teste,  P. D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment