Monday, May 12, 2014

Will: Allman Fortune (1817)

ALLMAN FORTUNE Will
Prince William County Will Book L, pg. 45
14 Jul 1816; proved 02 Jun 1817

I ALLMAN FORTUNE of Prince William County being in ill health but of perfect mind, do make this my last will in the manner following, to wit, I give to my relation GARNER FORTUNE all the property I may die possess’d of, it is also my will that he shall sue for or recover on any other way in my name but for his benefit all the right title & interest that I have in a certain sum of money which my mother made a deed of gift of to me, which stands on record in the office of Caroline County for the recovery of which money I have ordered a suit, in testimony whereof, I have set my hand and seal this fourteenth day of July one thousand eight hundred and sixteen.

ALLMAN FORTUNE {seal}

Witness:
THOMAS I. NEWMAN, GEORGE W. BRASFIELD, GEO. TENNILL

At a Court of Quarterly Sessions held for Prince William County June 2nd 1817 this last will and testament of ALLMAN FORTUNE decd was presented to the Court and being proved by the oaths of GEO. W. BRASFIELD and GEO. TENNILL is admitted to record and administration of the estate of ALLMAN FORTUNE decd with the will annexed is granted to GARNER FORTUNE who took the oath of an admin. And entered into and acknowledged a bond with security according to same.

Teste, PHIL. D. DAWE


No comments:

Post a Comment