Monday, February 17, 2014

Will: Francis Renoe (1797)

FRANCIS RENOE Will
Prince William County Will Book H, pg. 224
18 Oct 1794; proved 2 Oct 1797

In the Name of God amen I FRANCIS RENOE of Prince William County and State of Virginia reflecting on the uncertainty of life and the necessity of having my estate divided among children by will to prevent disputes among them after my death being at the signing & dealing of this present writing of sound mind and memory thanks be to God to whose infinet mercy & goodness I recommend my soul & my body to the earth to be buried in a christian like manner and as for what worldly property it hath pleased God to bless me with I dispose of in the following manner.

Item I give and bequeath to my son ENOCH RENO all that tract or parcel of land which I purchased of JOHN TAPLEY to him and his heirs forever.

Item I give to my son ENOCH RENO a negro boy by the name of FREDERICK which he now hath in possession to him and his heirs for ever.

Item I give and bequeath to my son FRANCIS a Negro fellow named DICK which he now hath in possession a negro boy by the name of BEN.

Item I give and bequeath to my daughter LIDIE MORE one negro fellow named PAGE to her and her heirs for ever.

Item I give and bequeath to my sons GEORGE and BAYLIS RENO the tract of land on which I now live to them and their heirs for ever.  George to have the part which lieth on the north side of Phillimons & Baylis to have that part which lieth on the sough side of the said run.  I also give my son a negro wench & her child which he now hath in possession CELIA & RACHEL & a negro boy by the name of LIGE.  And I also give my son Baylis a negro boy named PAGE also a Negro boy named SEMORE a fether bed & furniture & a cow & calf to the said George & Bayliss & their heirs for ever.

Item I give and bequeath to my daughter NANCY WHITLEDGE a negro wench named POLL to her and her heirs of her body for ever & it is my will that the said ROBERT WHITLEDGE shall not by any means consider the said negro as his property or any of her increas & the whole of them to desend to my daughter NANCY children in an equal proportion.

Item I give and bequeath to my daughter FANNEY TACKET a negro wench named WINNEY to her and the heirs of her body for ever & on the same terms with her sister Nancy’s gift.

Item I give and bequeath to my daughter MILLEY JAMISON two Negroes the one named RACHEL & the other named BEN to her and her heirs of her body for ever & on the same condition with Elder sister Nancy’s gift.

Item I give and bequeath to my daughter DOLLEY RENO a negro woman named NELL she and her increase to her and her heirs for ever also a negro woman named CARSHABA she and her increas to have and her heirs for ever a feather bed with furniture a cow and calf & a sow and pigs.

Item I give & bequeath to my daughter JANE RENO a negro woman & her increas named SIB to her & her heirs for ever also a negro wench named DELPH she and her increas to her and her heirs for ever a feather bed with furniture a cow & calf a sow & pigs.

Item I give and bequeath to my daughter SUSANA CROSBY a negro woman named SUE she and her increas to her and her heirs for ever also a negro woman by the name of VILET she and her increas to her and her heirs for ever one feather bed with furniture a cow and calf a sow and pigs.

It is my will that BOB & JAMES & EATH shall be sold or hired to them that they like & what stock household furniture and remains of & the money arising from the same after deducting the legacies and paying all just debts and charges to be equally divided among my children.

Thereby revoke all former wills and declear this to be my last will and testament written on one sheat of paper in witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this eighteenth day of October in the year of one thousand seven hundred ninety four.

I hereby appoint my son ENOCH RENO & my son BAYLIS RENO executors to this my last will and testament.

FRANCIS RENO  {seal}

Francis Reno acknowledged the before written to be his last will & testament & his hand and seal affixed to the same in presence of

ISAAC FARROW
GEORGE TACKETT
DANIEL OREAR
ROBERT SUTTRELL
WM. BAYLIS

At a Court held for Prince William County the 2nd Day of October 1797.

This last will and testament of FRANCIS RENOE Senr. Decd. was presented to the Court by ENOCH RENO & BAYLISS RENOE the executors therein named who made oath thereto according to law and the said will being proved by the oaths of GEORGE TACKETT, DANIEL OREAR and WM. BAYLIS is ordered to be recorded and the said Executors having performed what is usual in such cases certificate is granted them for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.

Teste


JOHN WILLIAMS  Ct. Cur.

No comments:

Post a Comment