Friday, December 27, 2013

Friend of Friends Friday: Will of Jane Alexander

JANE ALEXANDER Will
Prince William County Will Book M, pg 444
24 Nov 1825; proved 02 Oct 1826

I JANE ALEXANDER of Prince William County do make and appoint this my last will.  I give to my daughter SIDNEY ALEXANDER all my slaves viz. Aron, Cloe, Sandy, Elec, Eliza, Vina, & Caroline, and their increase to her & her heirs for ever, also all my stock of cattle, horses, sheep & hogs, my beds, household & kitchen furniture & all other property of which I may die possessed or may hereafter be entitled to to her & her heirs forever in witness whereof I hereunto affix my hand & seal this twenty fourth day of November 1825.

JANE ALEXANDER

Signed sealed & published in the presence of
RICHARD SHEA, CHARLES E. DADE

At a Court held for Prince William County this 2nd day of October 1826.  This last will and testament of JANE ALEXANDER deceased was presented to the Court and the handwriting of Richard Shea a subscribing witness to the same who is without the Commonwealth being proved by the oath of William A. G. Dade the same is admitted to record and administration with the will annexed of said JANE ALEXANDER deceased is granted to SIDNEY ALEXANDER who came into Court and qualified according to law.


Teste, PHILIP D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment