Saturday, November 9, 2013

Will: Solomon Ewell Jr. (1818)

SOLOMON EWELL JR. Will
Prince William County Will Book L, pg. 218
11 Jul 1814; proved 06 Jul 1818

In the name of God Amen I SOLOMON EWELL JR. of Bele Ville in the County of Prince William & State of Virginia from the uncertainty of this my mortal life do make this my last will & testament in the following manner.  To wit, I first & principally commend my Soul to Almighty God, praying His forgiveness of all my sins thro the mediation of our blessed Lord & Savior Jesus Christ.  After my just debts are paid I bequeath to my loving wife SARAH BALL EWELL all the property then in possession or may be entitled to & all of which that was conveyed to JAS. E. HEATH by deed of trust for her use & benefit, to be disposed of in any manner she may think most proper during her life.  But should she die without a will, I bequeath all the remaining property to be equally divided between JESSE EWELL WEEMS of Dumfries & JESSE EWELL JR. of Chapel House & their heirs forever.  In witness whereof I affix my hand & seal this eleventh of July eighteen hundred & fourteen.

SOLOMON EWELL JR. {seal}

JOHN B. SANFORD, ALEXANDER BLACKWELL, WILLIAM LARKIN

At a Court held for Prince William County July 6th, 1818

This last will and testament of SOLOMON EWELL JR. decd. was presented to the Court and the same was proved to be all in the hand writing of the sd. EWELL by the oaths of CHS. EWELL & JESSE EWELL & admitted to record.  And administration with the will annexed of the Estate of SOLOMON EWELL JR. decd is granted to SARAH B. EWELL who took the oath of an admr. And entered into and ackd. a bond with security according to law.


Teste, PHIL. D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment