Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thriller Thursday: G. W. Speake

Washington Post (Washington, DC)
May 21, 1896


The Death of a Young Man Near Manassas Through a Sad Accident

Manassas, Va., May 20. -- G. W. Speake, a young man whose home was at Buck Hall, near this place, died yesterday afternoon as the result of a dose of corrosive sublimate, a deadly poison, which was administered to him on Tuesday of last week by his sister through mistaking the fatal drug for quinine.

Drs. Iden and Simpson were called in as soon as the mistake had been discovered, which was only a few hours thereafter, and did all in their power to save the life of the unfortunate young man, but without avail.  The young man's sister is prostrated with grief over her fatal error.

No comments:

Post a Comment