Sunday, January 13, 2013

Will: Howison Pinn


Howison Pinn Will
PWCo Will Book S, pg. 507

Being considerably advanced in years and knowing the uncertainty of life, and being desirous of making some particular provisions for some members of my family, I Howison Pinn of the county of Prince William and State of Virginia do make and publish this as and for my last will and testament, hereby revoking and declaiming said all other wills by me heretofore made:

1st. I give and bequeath to my wife Pattie Pinn all my real estate and personal property of every description during her life time she paying my just debts;

2nd. After her death I give and bequeath to my two daughters Hannah and Judith Pinn my dwelling house and other buildings with sixteen acres of cleared land adjacent thereto and three acres of woodlands.

3rd. I give and bequeath to Josephine Curtis daughter of James and Lucy Curtis three acres of land adjoining the sixteen acres above bequeathed.

4th. I give and bequeath to my daughter Sarah Stokes wife of Francis Stokes the ten acres which I have already sold to him & three acres adjoining the Marsteller Tract of land and said Stokes owner.

5th. After the death of wife Pattie Pinn I desire that the remaining land not above willed shall be equally divided between my children William Pinn, Howison Pinn Jr., Mary Harris, Travis Pinn, Landonia Lewis, the said Landonia Lewis to have her share of the land to adjoin the Marsteller Tract, and the lot which I have sold to her husband William Lewis if she so desires it, and all the personal property which may be left, at my wife's death to be sold, and equally divided among all my children after paying her just debts.

I appoint my wife Pattie Pinn my Executrix without security.  In testimony wehreof I the said Howison Pinn have to this my last will and testament signed and subscribed my name this first day of July in the year of our Lord One Thousand eight hundred and seventy six.

Howison {X his mark} Pinn

Witness
W. L. B. Wheeler

Signed Acknowledgd and published by the said Howison Pinn as and for his last will and testament in presence of both of us at the same time.  Who at his bequest, and in his presence subscribed our names as Witnesses hereto

W. L. B. Wheeler
F. M. Lewis

In Prince William County fourth August term 1876.  The last will and testament of Howison Pinn dcd. was this day presented to the Court by Pattie Pinn the Executrix therein named, and being proved by the oaths of W L B Wheeler & F M Lewis subscribing witnesses thereto is ordered to be recorded.  And in motion of said Pinn the Ex.t named in said last will, who made oath & together with w L B Wheeler & F M Lewis has surities who justified as to their sufficiency entered into & acknowledged a bond in the penalty of $100 conditioned according to law whcih bond is ordered to be recorded, certificate is granted the said Pinn for obtaining a probate of said will in due form.

A copy teste,

L A Davis clk

No comments:

Post a Comment