Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Deed: Georgie LYNN, et al to Louisianna SULLIVAN


I thought this Deed was especially interesting because it mentions the half acre set aside for the Cole family cemetery in Independent Hill.  It also lists the "surviving heirs at law" of the will of Lawrence Cole (one of whom, Earl Lynn, is his grandson and my grandfather).

14 April 1933
GEORGIE LYNN, Et Al. To LOUISIANNA SULLIVAN
Prince William Co. Deed Vol. 109, pg. 268

This deed made this 14th day of April, 1933, by and between GEORGIE LYNN, widow, ELIZABETH ASHBY, widow, MOLLIE HOWELL, and SAMUEL B. HOWELL, her husband, P.M. COLE and MAGGIE O. COLE, his wife, and EARL LYNN, parties of the first part, (the said Georgie Lynn, Elizabeth Ashby, Mollie Howell, P.M. Cole, and Earl Lynn being all of the surviving heirs at law of LAWRENCE COLE, deceased), and LOUISIANNA SULLIVAN, party of the second part:

WITNESSETH, that, for and in consideration of the sum of ten dollars to them in hand paid, and other valuable considerations, receipt whereof is here acknowledged, the said parties of the first part have granted, bargained and sold and by these presents do grant, bargain, sell and convey, with general warranty of title, unto the said party of the second part the following described lot or parcel of land, to-wit:

All of that certain lot or parcel of land lying and being situate in Coles Magisterial District, Prince William County, Virginia, adjoining the lands of Sullivan and Oleyar and being the second one-half acre of land referred to in the first paragraph of the will of the late Lawrence Cole, recorded in Will Book T Prince William County Clerk’s office; less and except, however, so much of the said one-half acre of land as is now fenced as a burying ground the same being a Lot 30 feet or acre.  The said parties of the first part reserve for themselves and their heirs the right of ingress and agree to and from the said lot that is excepted from this conveyance through the present entrance on the Independent Hill-Joplin Road.

Witness the following signatures and seals:

George Lynn (Seal)
Mollie Howell (Seal)
Samuel B. Howell (Seal)
Elizabeth Ashby (Seal)
P. M. Cole (Seal)
Maggie O. Cole (Seal)
Earl Lynn (Seal)

State of Virginia,
County of Prince William, to-wit:

I, R.C. Linton, (Justice of the Peace) in and for the county aforesaid, in the State of Virginia, do certify that Elizabeth Ashby, P.M. Cole, and Maggie O. Cole, whose names are signed to the writing hereto annexed, bearing date on the 14th day of April, 1933, have acknowledged the same before me in my county aforesaid.  My commission expires

Given under my hand the 31 day of October, 1933.  R. C. Linton J.R.

State of Virginia,
City of Alexandria, to-wit:

I, Virginia Reveley, a Notary Public in and for the City aforesaid, in the State of Virginia, do certify that Georgie Lynn, whose name is signed to the writing hereto annexed, bearing date on the 14th day of April, 1933, have acknowledged the same before me in my City aforesaid.  My commission expires August 19, 1933.

Given under my hand the 3rd day of June, 1933.  Virginia Reveley, N.P.

State of Virginia,
County of Elizabeth City, to-wit:

I, C.B. Markham, a notary public in and for the county aforesaid, in the State of Virginia, do certify that Earl Lynn, whose name is signed to the writing hereto annexed, bearing date on the 14th day of April, 1933, have acknowledged the same before me in my county aforesaid.  My commission expires Jan. 20, 1945.

Given under my hand the 21st day of Aug., 1942.  C.B. Markham N.P.

State of California,
County of Los Angeles, to-wit:

I, J.M. Cassidy, a notary public in and for the county aforesaid, in the State of California, do certify that Mollie Howell and Samuel B. Howell, whose names are signed to the writing hereto annexed, bearing date on the 14th day of April, 1933, have acknowledged the same before me in my county aforesaid.  My commission expires

Given under my hand and notarial seal the 11th day of July, 1933.  J. M. Cassidy, N.P.
Notary Public in and for the County of Los Angeles, State of California.  My commission expires Apr. 19, 1937.

NOTARY PUBLIC SEAL.

In the Clerk’s office of the Circuit Court of Prince William County, Virginia, August 24, 1942, this Deed from Georgie Lynn, et al to Louisianna Sullivan with certificate attached, was this day admitted to record at 2:40 p.m.

Leamon Ledman, Clerk
#520

No comments:

Post a Comment