Friday, April 1, 2011

Will: David Woodyard


DAVID WOODYARD Will
Prince William County Will Book  M, pg 445
19 Jul 1826; proved 02 Oct 1826

In the name of God Amen I DAVID WOODYARD of Prince William County & State of Virginia being sick and weak in body but of sound mind and disposing memory thanks be given unto God therefore calling to mind the mortality of my body and knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die do make and ordain this my last will and testament that is to say principally and first of all I leave my body to be buried in Christian like burial at the discretion of my Executor and as touching such worldly estate wherewith it has pleased God to bless me with in this life I give and dispose of the same in the following manner and form first I give to ELIZABETH WOODYARD my beloved wife all my stock of every discription together with all my household goods debts and moveable effects during her natural life and it is my will and desire that she shall keep the same without security.  I give and bequeath to my beloved son JOHN WOODYARD whom I likewise constitute and ordain my sole Executor of this my last will and testament one feather bed stead and furniture and my shot gun.  I give and bequeath to my beloved son WALTER WOODYARD one feather bed and furniture and two head of sheep.  I also give to my beloved daughter SUSANNAH WOODYARD one feather bed stead and furniture and two head of sheep and it is my will and desire that what remains at the decease of my wife shall be equally divided amongst my five children and I do hereby revoke and disannul every other former testaments wills and bequests and Executors by me in any ways before named confirming this to be my last will and testament in witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal the day and date above written.

DAVID WOODYARD

Signed sealed published and declared by the said DAVID WOODYARD as his last will and testament, in presence of us the subscribers,
WILLIAM WOODYARD, DOUGLASS CONNER

At a Court held for Prince William County this 2nd day of October 1826.  This will of DAVID WOODYARD deceased was presented to the Court and being proved by the oaths of WILLIAM WOODYARD and DOUGLASS CONNER, is admitted to record.

Teste, P. D. DAWE

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I decsend from him and appreciate a complete will without question marks and holes. Do you happen to know who David's wife was beside Elizabeth ??? ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either Elizabeth Mills or Elizabeth Waring/Wearing. David’s son John and one of John’s sons middle name of Mills May be a clue.

      Delete